Thursday, February 23, 2012

I haven't quit yet!

I know, I know.  I can hear your comments already: "It's only been like a month and Alaina has already abandoned this whole blogging idea! I knew she wouldn't stick with it!"

Untrue my friends.  Untrue.  I have great intentions to blog, but these past few weeks have been IN.SANE.  Good, but insane.  After Kate came to visit, I spent the weekend at Stanford with the Huntseat Equestrian Team.  These girls are seriously so much fun.  They did great and dominated the over fences division on Saturday and the flat classes on Sunday.


(And yes, I am the one sitting on the horse statue.  Way to be a great role model, eh? P.S. about 30 seconds later, I was politely asked to dismount. Ha.)
We also had our first foal born at the horse unit for the season.  He is by our AQHA stallion "Backdoor Cat" (a Highbrow Cat son) and out of our only paint mare "Just Plain Delta".  At 2 days old, he is already quite the fearless and rambunctious little fella.




Only 20-30 more babies to go, then I can sleep through the nights consistently without getting phone calls from my foaling enterprise students every time the mare breathes funny or lays down awkwardly.  Sleeplessness aside, foals are pretty stinkin' adorable, so I think its worth it :)

And the most exciting of all...... Landon came to visit!!!  Words seriously couldn't describe my excitement when I went to pick him up.  I haven't gotten to see him since Christmas, so some quality time was long overdue.  My boss even let me take some days off work to enjoy my time with him to the fullest, and I was incredibly appreciative.  I pretty much closed my computer (hence the blogging absence) and phone and enjoyed six days of adventures together.

Unfortunately, all that time off work led to quite a stressful past few days catching up on everything.  So instead of elaborating in greater detail at the moment, I am going to get some shut-eye while I can (I think we will have another baby born at the farm tonight), and I'll save my next post for adventure-time stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment