Monday, November 12, 2012

Sometimes you just gotta shave a pony

Ever have one of those weeks where you forget to slow down and appreciate the little things in life?  I love the enjoy the simple things in my life when I get the chance.  The things that seem insignificant, but just make me smile and flip my mood around every single time.

Like the magic of a plain 'ol turkey sammich with nothing but pickles on it (takes me back to 8th grade and my Subway fix).

Or the lovely surprise of a random package from your family containing stuff they bought you at the NC State Fair.

Or the fantastic pb&j that you made with the world's best peanut butter and some divine muscadine jelly that was in the aforementioned package.

Or the incredible joy of watching all that winter hair fall away as you body clip a fuzzy pony (horse people, I know you feel me on this one.  Non-horse people, I swear I'm not crazy.  Its liberating.).

But first the pony needs a bath to clean all of that hair:


Ahhhh....non-furry bliss!



Some people get their jollies through ordinary means.  I, however, prefer to be creative with my clipping and give my pony sideburns.  I shall call him Elvis.



I won't say if I clipped them off or not so that you can speculate the truth :)

So, this week if you are feeling blue or over-worked, go shave a pony!

Or if shaving a pony isn't really your jam, I encourage you to play with an incredibly cute puppy,


watch a sunset (preferably at the beach),



or just go do something your really love with great enthusiasm!



-AP

Food for thought:
Boy Meets World - where are they now??
This makes me miss the south
I really want to be this cool when I'm old

No comments:

Post a Comment