Sunday, February 10, 2013

Concerts and critters

Ready for a catch-up of the last two weeks?  Ready..... set..... PHOTOS!

Oh, speaking of photos, I am now on the Instagram machine.  Follow me at @aparsons01 (thanks for the peer pressure to join, 2 phines ;))

Today was a pretty phenomenal Sunday.  I got to teach two amazing and wonderful kids riding lessons (this is Ethan, I need to get a picture of Antonia on a horse):


Don't worry;  I just teach him how to ride, not how to rope!  I also got to ride my mule, worked my dog on some cattle, went to church, and enjoyed a beautiful sun-shiney day.  God is so good :)

Back to business...

Two weeks ago I had the chance to see two incredible artists perform a really awesome show at my friend Carol and Carrie's house.  Seriously go check out Nate Currin and Brian Fuente.  They are for real.  Nate is a phenomenal singer/songwriter and some of y'all may know Brian from The Voice season 2 (he was the runner-up).

They were on the first leg of their tour together and stopped by SLO on their way to LA and the Grammys and agreed to do a house show thanks to our mutual friend (and my Bible study leader) Christina.

Aside from being amazingly talented musicians and singers, these guys were so awesome to hang out with.  They were both very humble and kind and super fun.  I left with 2 CD's and a promise to follow them in the future!



Here is sample of the awesomeness, Brian's song "Fear of Getting Over You":


Other than the concert fun, we got some goats at the horse unit to mow our grass,


Gunner hunted ground squirrels, per usual,


I hosted a Super Bowl party that included lots of beer (and my non-American friends, which are the majority of my friends, brought a projector so they could watch the Colombia vs. Paraguay soccer game that was on at the same time..... it was a very un-American Super Bowl...ha),



we had some bad weather (yes, that is hail!),


went to two shows with the Cal Poly Equestrian Team (who are all fast asleep when I drive them up to Stanford at 5:30 am),




caught some beautiful sunsets,


and had our first foal of the season born on Sunday.


In short, life is grand :)

ttnf!
AP

Food for thought:
Puppy vs. Treadmill

No comments:

Post a Comment