Saturday, July 27, 2013

Lucky Girl

I'm a lucky girl.  A really lucky girl.  Know why?  Because I have this really great friend who lives in NC.  She's been an amazing influence in my life for the past 15-some odd years and is going to be my matron of honor in November.  I also have this really awesome friend who lives in MI (well...she's in KY now, but that's beyond the point).  She's been my partner in many adventures and even though I've only known her a few years, it feels like a lifetime.  So when you are a really lucky girl, both of your friends come visit you at the same time!

Tamara and Sarah came to see me in May (remember, I'm playing catch up!).  Even though they had never met before, they took a leap of faith that the other one wasn't totally crazy and came to see me at the same time :)  We had such a blast and it was so wonderful to get to spend some time with these ladies.

There were zebra sightings.


There were seal sightings.


 There were beautiful Big Sur CA-1 coast sightings (complete with some crazy fog).








There were vineyard and tasting room sightings (which may have gotten a little blurry after the 4th one or so...).




There were Madonna Inn sightings.  Complete with cake, of course.



There were baby Pacific gray whale sightings.


There were Avila Beach sightings, complete with a naked guy at Pirate's Cove (nudie beach say whaaaaat!)



There were sightings of farmers at markets.



There were sightings from horseback.


And sightings that involved cookies.


There were Triple D sightings (Keri Jewell, eat your heart out!) that involved some home-away-from-home Jamaican memories for Tamara (and the best dang chicken in Santa Monica).




And, of course, there were sightings of SoCal sunsets.


And you know what my favorite site was of all?  Maybe the one where I came home from work for lunch to a fully prepared meal and 2 of my favorite girls.  Or the one where Sarah got lots of kisses from Belle (the mule).  Or maybe where I woke up with Tamara and Sydney in my bed, just like old times.  Or the one of two of my favorite people sitting on my couch with me watching a movie.

I am super blessed to have both of these gals in my life.  I couldn't imagine life without either one.  And I'm super excited that I will get to be closer to both of them (geographically) in just a short while!

No comments:

Post a Comment